Team Wikis:Team member tech problems
General guidelines for reporting tech issues
The more information, the better. The following is always required:
- Computer operating system and browser(s) used
- Verbatim error messages. Always include screenshots if possible.
- List everything you have done to replicate the problem.
- Forward emails with headers to your TL whenever appropriate.
- Remember to report the problem directly to your TL and not FIOD.
- Remember to log in with your Freecycle.org email address and not your user name
- If you have access to more than one mailbox, check another box to see if the problems persist.
- Clear cache and cookies.
- Try another browser to rule out a cache problem.
- Report to TL.
Thunderbird is for advanced users only. If you decide to use Thunderbird or another mail client, please remember that tech support is not available.
- Does the problem also occur with Webmail (RoundCube)? If it does, report the issue to your TL.
- Verify that your mail settings are correct. Sometimes it helps to try different ports.
- If all else fails, delete the account in Thunderbird and start over from scratch.
Freecycle.org (website) issues
- Do you have the problem on more than one browser? If not, clear your browser cache and try again.
- Problems with posts -- please provide the post number, your user ID on the group and group link.
- Problems with Admins -- please provide the Admin URL, your user ID on the group and group link.
Remember to sign into GA with your local mod user name or email, or sign in first to Freecycle.org with your local mod user name/email. Because Freecycle.org IDs change hands from time to time using your personal email helps keep track of who did what.
Remember to sign into wiki with your Freecycle.org user name and not your email.
- Google is your friend.
- Search the wiki using the search bar on the left side.
- Search past posts on the team Yahoo group (or IMOD, for general moderator-type problems) to see if the question has been answered before.
- Don't be afraid to ask your fellow team members on the team Yahoo group. Most teams have at least one tech-savvy member.