Group Naming Conventions
For all groups
- Use the town name for "Group Name." If the name is two or more words, separate with spaces and use sentence case.
- We use the country abbreviations found hereː http://sustainablesources.com/resources/country-abbreviations/
- For US State and Canada Provinces use this listː https://www.ups.com/worldshiphelp/WS16/ENU/AppHelp/Codes/State_Province_Codes.htm
- "FC Unique Name" includes City and Country (unless redundant), or City and State or Province
- No spaces or underlines in "FC Unique Name"
- Groups should be named for cities or towns, not for government or administrative districts.
- Use caps to differentiate words for the "FC Unique Name"
CiudadDeMexico LosAngelesCA EdmontonAB DouarnenezFR OxfordCoWI for a county group
For international groups
- Use the local language for group name (location) and "FC Unique Name"
"Koeln" for Cologne, Germany. "Ciudad de Mexico" for Mexico City
- Use country codes in "FC Unique Name." Use the 2-character (all caps) country codes unless the code is redundant. Because the country code for Germany is the same as for Delaware, country codes are not added to German cities.
MonterreyMX Hamburg (omit DE for German cities) CiudadDeMexico (omit MX here)
- Use the region name if necessary to distinguish between two groups with the same name