Moderator Manual:Pass recruiting letters
Recruiting - Mod Recruit Letter
Example 1 - Group Admin and Application Form
Freecycle.org needs volunteers to become group moderators. Moderators must live in the area. Training is provided by email.
If you're interested in making a contribution to your community and your planet in learning a little about online community building and media relations; and in keeping stuff out of the local landfill, please keep reading!
Being a moderator doesn't require a lot of time but does require some dedication. There is lots of support available, it's fun and is a small thing that can make such a big difference.
Simply answer these questions and send your reply to us. You'll hear back within a week. All information is strictly confidential and will not be shared or otherwise distributed outside of Freecycle management. We ask for some personal information for safety and liability reasons and to be able to contact you in an emergency.
Thanks for your consideration
Please tell us:
1. Your full name, contact information (include a phone number), and address where you live.
2. The e-mail address(es) and User ID(s) you use on Freecycle.org, Yahoo Groups and other online communities as applicable:
3. Do you have time to moderate the group? It takes at least 10-15 min one to two times a day to review messages, etc.
4. Do you have access to a computer, even on weekends and holidays? If not, what days and/or hours would you be available?
5. Are you a co-owner, moderator or member of any other Freecycle groups? Please tell us which groups and your level of involvement.
6. Are you a co-owner or moderator in any non-Freecycle groups? We would like to know if you have experience as a moderator.
7. Any relevant experience that would be helpful for us to know.
Please get back to us as soon as possible if this sounds like something you'd like to do. And if you know someone else who would make a good moderator, please pass this message on to that person. If you have any questions, please let us know - we're happy to help!
Reply by clicking on the “Contact Moderators” button at the top of the page and pasting your response into the form.
Your Local Freecycle.org Volunteer Moderators
Copyright (C) 2003 The Freecycle Network (https://www.Freecycle.org). All rights reserved.
The Freecycle.org logo is a trademark of The Freecycle Network in the United States and/or other countries.
Example 2 - Tailored recruitment letter
Replace all XXXX references with your local group name Dear Member,
We have noticed you understand the true meaning of what Freecycle.org(R) is all about and wondered if you would consider becoming a mod for XXXX Freecycle. The basic activities of moderating normally don't take more than a few minutes a day and most moderators find the experience to be fun and rewarding. Training will take a few hours, but we have a self-guided course that you can go through at your own pace.
Please let us know as soon as possible if this is something you would be interested in doing. We look forward to hearing from you.
---Your signature block---
Use a signature block such as this one:
Copyright C 2016 The Freecycle Network (http://www.Freecycle.org). All rights reserved. Freecycle.org and the Freecycle.org logo are registered trademarks of The Freecycle Network, CTM Reg. No 428755
Note on copyright
In the US use Freecycle.org(R). In the EU, Australia and Canada use Freecycle(R). Everywhere else it is Freecycle(TM). Please refer to the wiki for more information.