Moderator Manual:Files ideasoffer
Ideas to generate OFFER postings
Bedroom / Closets
- Disposable bed pads you get from the hospital-think labor and delivery (a multitude of uses!!)
- Old cushions - somebody's dog might use as a bed!
- Old holey jeans (dissected, they make great patches)
- Old worn out Quilts, comforters, throws - can be used as dog bedding.
- Old sheets, towels - used to cover plants in winter, as drop cloths, cut up as rags, etc.
(towels make great barn/garage rags)
- OLD, no longer safe to use, HEAD BOARDS: Some people take those and make "flower beds" or use them and remake benches
- Ratty t-shirts (make great barn/garage rags)
Kids / Toys
- Bicycle parts or old ones for parts
- Broken crayons
- Jigsaw puzzles that you are never going to do again
- Kids Toys
- Pet toys, even used and chewed, and accessories
Garden / Yard
- Garbage cans - old ones to used for yard trash, or composting bins.
- Garden Hoses - even with holes, it can be cut up and used as drainage from a rain barrel.
- Miscellaneous yard things, the old wheelbarrow that needs a tire.
Kitchen / Pantry / Bathroom
- Contact lens cases, even used
- Dishes and china - even broken, they can be used in crafts, mosaics and jewelry
- Egg Cartons - The Styrofoam ones are often used by preschoolers for various projects.
- Plasticware - Some hate the sound of metal forks on ceramic
- Pots and Pans - even old ones no longer used for cooking
- Prescription bottles (labels removed)
- Empty Cat Litter Buckets
- The box of old plumbing or electrical parts in the basement
- Leftover building materials
- Candle stubs
- Old bowling balls, even chipped and cracked (for crafts)
- Old magazines
- Old paint cans (with or without paint, the cans can be cleaned and reused)
- Ice Cooler - an old Styrofoam one with holes can be used to start a vermiculture (worm) bin.
- Old paper - have a box of tractor-fed printer paper still lying around? Kids could use it to draw on!
- Old cars and car parts, Tires that no longer fit your car
- The old vacuum cleaner, taking up closet space
- Empty baby wipe tubs
- Magazines - kids can use them to do collages
- Old stamps, stickers, popsicle sticks - think school crafts!
- Umbrellas - use an old one hung upside down under chandeliers to
- catch run-off when you clean them.
- Sewing Supplies
- Old electronics - there might be someone who can use that old turntable, cassette deck stereo, computer stuff...for parts or play